Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I married a man...

This day, October 22nd, marks the day that Adam and I began our life together.  We got married.  We knew nothing of what we were getting into.  And today, eight years later, I'm happy to report, we know a little more than nothing.  And it's a real good thing because the more I "figure out" the more I realize I have nothing figured out.


What I know 8 years later...

I married a man who loves Jesus more than he did the day we said, "I do."

I married a man who serves me and our family above all else.


I married a man of great tenderness.

I married a man of loyalty.


I married a man of integrity and strength of character.

I married a man whose family I adore and cherish just like my own.


I married a man who praises Jesus in the storms of life.

I married a man.  Not a boy.  A man.

I don't deserve this man.  But this man has given me hope when I've had none, has given me grace when it was the last thing he should have given me, he has encouraged me in the hard places.


I had no idea what I was getting into when I married Adam 8 years ago.  And it was probably a good thing I was more than clueless because I quite possibly would have resisted the grace God was giving me in this man that I don't deserve.  I didn't recognize His grace then, but if I had I might have walked away because I would have known Adam was too good for me.  But God allowed me to marry him, partner with him in this life, and over time have my eyes opened to the grace that He has lavished upon me by giving me Adam.  And now I'm stuck in a place where I have a man I'm unworthy of loving me in ways beyond my comprehension and I can't get out.

And the wonderful thing is that I don't want out.  I want to stay right here in His grace with this man.  I cannot wait to see what the future holds as our beautiful Lord continues to refine us and grow us.

I love you, Adam Charles Saunders.


Husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way,
showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel,
since they are heirs with you of the grace of life,
so that your prayers may not be hindered.
1 Peter 3:7

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! What a blessing it is to have men in our lives who lead with a Christ like love. I wish you many many more years of happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...