Friday, October 18, 2013

6 years

My Charlee girl,

It's been 6 years since you became part of our family.  You, because you were our first, changed my life in a way that no one else every could have done.  You made me a mom.  So when we celebrate your birthday it is also the celebration of the role you gave me, one that will continue for the rest of my life.  One from which I will never resign.



When I think of life with you I can't even remember what life was like before you came along.  Daddy and I joke around all the time about how there used to be so much silence.  That's because there hasn't been a day of quiet in our home since you came along...but especially since you learned to talk. Sometimes it's hard to believe you didn't come straight out of the womb chatting it up...that's how much you like to talk.  You even attempt to use that gift even to get out of eating dinner, or going to bed or doing just about anything you're not real fond of.  I know that when you suddenly become talkative, saying things like, "It'll be easy" or "It's no big deal" when you're facing a new and potentially scary situation, that what you really mean is that you're afraid and you need me to encourage you to be courageous.  Because I've been with you from day one I see and hear things that no one else does because I know you, my little girl, better than anyone else aside from the One who created you.


It gives me such great joy to see you blossoming into a beautiful little girl.  For some reason, six years old seems like a big kid number.  I'm sure I'll think that again next year and the following years, perhaps it has to do with you being in kindergarten and seeing you on the playground with all your friends.  Friends that I'm so thankful for because it shows me how much you love people.  It may not always look like it right off the bat because you are an observer at first, but once you're comfortable your leadership ability shines and your goofy side emerges and that beautiful smile you got from your Gramma Sally shines.



Thank you for changing my life one day at a time since October 18, 2007 and for never letting a day go by that I don't have to continue changing because you challenge me to be the best mom I can for you for always.  I love you, sweet girl!


Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...