Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Committed

Today it became official, at least on Reece's Rainbow, that Kate has a "committed" family.  When I clicked on the link that was emailed to me, it opened to this page...



...for the Saunders family...

She has a family.  This little girl has a family.  And it's ours.  I've been waiting so long to share our last name with this adorable face.  I realize it's still not truly official, but it's one step closer and I just love seeing her face whenever possible.

I had no idea that when I chose her face to be part of a collage I made last November...


...and began praying for these faces to find forever families...

...that one of those families would be my own.

...that she would fly halfway across the world to live with our family for a month.

...that before she even arrived, God told us to pursue her as our daughter.

...that she would stand in my kitchen and tell me, in English, how old she was when this picture was taken.

I. had. no. idea.

I still have no idea.  I have no idea how all of this has come to fruition...with much still to come.

What I do know is that I could not have orchestrated this all if I had tried.

And I'm so thankful I didn't have to.

She is His gift to us.  Just as the Reece's Rainbow page says, "Kate for the Saunders family."

Not "The Saunders family for Kate."  "Kate for the Saunders family."

And that has been our experience thus far.  She has been for us much more than what we have been for her.  She blesses us and changes us more than we could ever bless or change her.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:17

God places the lonely in families...Kate into the Saunders family.  Just like He places us, who were once orphans, into His family.

And for the record, her name is Kate on this site simply in an effort to protect her identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...