Thursday, August 1, 2013

Making the best use of the time...

"Look carefully then how you walk,
not as unwise but as wise,
making the best use of the time,
because the days are evil."
(Ephesians 5:15-16)

What strikes me is how Paul writes "the best use of the time", not "the best use of your time."  This is the part that gets me every time.  So often I catch myself thinking and even speaking in terms of "my time".  Until the gracious Holy Spirit convicts me that this concept of "my time" is nothing short of a lie, one fed daily to us by the media, the culture, this fallen world in which we live.  It is ALL His time and it will ALWAYS be ALL His time.  And for that reason I am compelled to make the best use of it because it is a gift.  These children I have, they are gifts.  God has placed them in my care for His sovereign purpose and so I pray that I would never become possessive of the time He has granted.

And today was another gentle reminder to me that the time is His as my firstborn baby girl started kindergarten.  How in the world have I become blessed to be the mother of a school-aged child?  I cannot comprehend, but it's very much real.

Charlee, you are an amazing little girl and I couldn't be more proud to be gifted the title of "Mommy" by you nearly 6 years ago.  Thank you for blessing my life, for allowing God to use you to teach me so much about life, about this world, about unconditional love.






All confident, all smiles until the reality of everything set in.  Then, tears...and lots of them.
Starting here...


But here's the proof that all was well when the smile returned by the end of the first day.


Thank you, Lord, for being with and watching over my little girl.

The verse of the day for both me and my Charlee girl:
"For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love and sound judgment."
2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...