Thursday, August 22, 2013

I always liked even numbers...

I have a few quirks.  Okay, maybe a lot of quirks.  A few things bother me involving numbers.

I feel an inner twinge when the volume of the television or radio is changed from an even number to an odd number, unless, of course, it's an increment of five.  I panic a little when the air conditioning is set on an odd number, again with the exception of increments of five.  I even prefer to eat things in even numbers like for example, peanut M&Ms, my favorite.

So, carrying on the theme of number disturbances I always loved our family of four.  A nice, round number, and even my favorite.  I always thought if our family grew it would need to be from two to four because three children just wouldn't work for me.

But God...


He gave me a glimpse into what 3 is like...and I loved it and would do anything to have it back right now.

3 is outside my box, perhaps it's just because of the way odd is defined.

Odd: different from what is usual or expected, strange.

I like usual.  I like expected.  I'm not much for strange.  These things give me the feeling of control.

Why do I gravitate towards the mirage of control?  Because I think I want predictable, routine.  But when I risk and I realize it's okay, better even, to be "odd", that's when I see Him.  Because He is found in the letting go, in the unevenness of life, the laying down idols.

So as the future unfolds according to the Master Planner, I will be seeking more odd, more different, more unusual and more unexpected.  Jesus did.  Love does.



One thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I love your heart. So special. What a blessing!
    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...