Tuesday, July 9, 2013

April 7, 2013

April 7, 2013 began for our family an exciting journey with this one simple text from my dear sister-in-law:



"A host program for orphans?  What in the world is that all about?  Why would a group of orphans get on a plane and fly halfway around the world to come stay with an American family for a month?  Isn't that almost cruel...like a tease?"  These were among the many, many questions constructing themselves in my mind that morning and over the following few days.

So, me being the Google addict that I am, began researching and Googling like crazy.  I read the website of God's Waiting Children and many others to make sure I understood what this was all about. And...then...I...saw...her...


When I saw this beautiful face, the questions I had didn't even matter anymore.  Quickly my thoughts turned to, "How can we be this precious girl's host family?" and "How can I convince Adam this is a great idea?"

I had already mentioned the host program to Adam, but he hadn't seen the kids faces yet either.  And then...he...saw...this...


A song about daddy?  For real?  Melt our hearts!  She wants to learn how to ride a bike and she's like a kitten?  Is that all?  Because after seeing her picture and reading this bio, I'd move mountains for her if I could.  Our hearts were done for.  Done.  All in.

So we prayed...and prayed...and prayed until one night Adam came to me and said, "Let's do it!"

In just one week, I will be eagerly awaiting the arrival of this little girl to LAX.  She will then spend the following month with our family before she leaves to head home.

This is all still very surreal and will probably feel that way even after she has left our home.

And here I sit in awe of the God who orchestrated this entire situation.  There are details that He has put before us that I cannot even comprehend and were I to share I would spend days writing.  But don't worry, I've kept record of every single one of them for another time.

"Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known."
Daily, the Lord reminds me of His promises to me.

He delights in revealing these great and hidden things to us, His children.  My heart has found so much delight in Him, in calling to Him, in walking in obedience into the unknown.  And surprisingly, it is in the unknown that I find the most peace, abundantly more peace than in the known.  Because what is truly known by me anyway?  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  And so I seek Him, because only He can be known.  And the rest?  It's all in the palm of His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...