Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sweet, thoughtful daughter

This morning I had the kind of stomach pain that was unbearable.  The kind that comes out of nowhere and takes you out.  The kind that makes you just want to curl up in a ball.  The kind that allows you to walk only if you are in a bent-in-half position, which has the added benefit of making your children laugh hysterically.

There I was laying in fetal position on the floor when Charlee disappears upstairs for "someping."  Moments later she comes downstairs carrying her Jesus Storybook Bible.  I'm thinking to myself, "Okay, I suppose the least I can do (or rather the most I can do) is read a Bible story right now.  But before I could ask her which story she wants to hear, I notice that she's already got the Bible open to a very specific page.


The story of Jairus' sick daughter.  Then she says, "I brought this down so you can remember that Jesus healed the sick girl.  He'll heal you too, Mommy.  See, her daddy ran to Jesus and asked him to heal her."


I wanted to say, "You are just precious," but I kept that thought to myself for fear that it might go to her head.

Instead I said, "This is a good reminder that we can run to Jesus with anything, isn't it?"

To which she responded, "Yeah, but Mommy you can't run and Jesus is up to Heaven."

Valid point, little girl. Valid point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...