Thursday, August 23, 2012

Run to Him

Our absolute favorite kids' Bible is The Jesus Storybook Bible.  It is sooooooo amazing at pointing to Jesus in every story.  I don't remember much about Bible stories from my childhood days, but I remember enough to know that I had NO IDEA that the entire Old Testament points to Jesus.  I just thought He showed up in the New Testament so when I learned that it's ALL about Him, every page of His Word, I was stunned.  So that's why I love this Bible because from a very young age my little ones are learning about Jesus.  That it's always been all about Him and it will always be all about Him.

So, tonight we read The Captain of the Storm taken from Mark 4 and Matthew 8.



After reading I asked Charlee, "Did you know that when we have Jesus we never need to fear anything?"

Very matter-of-factly she replied, "Yeah, Mommy, like when we are afraid and we want to run and hide sometimes we can run to Him instead."

"That's right, honey.  That's exactly right."

And then silence.  I had nothing else to say.  That's it.  We run to Him.  Always.  Without fail.  Without abandon.  We run.

And I prayed, "Please Jesus, may this little girl spend her life running to You."

I don't know how much a 4 year old can comprehend about Jesus and what He's all about, but I am certain that she is far beyond where I was at her age in terms of understanding the simplicity of the gospel.  And for that I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...