Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dancing girl

Little Charlee girl, you're a dancer.  You have a dancing gene.  I don't know where it came from and neither does Daddy, but somehow it got in there.  You've been taking a class called Fairytale Ballet this summer with Miss Jenny.  It truly has been the perfect match for you...a mixture of both dance and dress-up.  Two of the things that make your heart happiest. Today was "performance" day so we got to witness all the fun you've been having.

You, my little girl, are a delight.  I love to watch you when you're "in your element."  When you're so focused, afraid to smile because you're concentrating so hard.  But every once in a while you'll glance over just to make sure we're still watching, that we're noticing you.  And we are watching.  We are watching you blossom into such a beautiful young lady.  Somehow you've reached an age where you are a girl.  You're not a baby, not a toddler, not even a little girl to me anymore.  You're a little lady and I couldn't be more proud of you.

You are learning not to say "I can't" but rather "I'll try."  And because you're choosing to "try", you are going to have so much fun in life.  My prayer is that you will always try because I know what it's like to live in the "I can'ts" and you miss out on a lot of life.  I don't want that for you.  I am learning to try with you and I thank you for that.  I love you, beautiful one.

Pretty ballerina.








































































































































































































The peanut gallery.

2 comments:

  1. She is so precious! (LOVE the peanut gallery too, btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Good job, Mama!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...