Thursday, July 19, 2012

The tale of a boy and his dream

Last night was a very exciting night in the life of a man named LarryB.  He was completely unsuspecting...precisely the plan.  There was some scheming and planning going on behind his back.  All for a very good cause.

You see, this man has had a dream for many years.  A dream that he hasn't had the time to make come true. A dream, however, that a special lady has known about for all these years as well.  And so, at just the right time, she made it come true for him.

LarryB is a busy man.  He is a travelling man.  He has a very kind spirit that is constantly, and I mean always, serving other people.  This LarryB is my dad.  And the special lady is my mom.  This special lady takes notice of the things he does, the way he never puts himself first and she decided to take it upon herself to bless him with something he never would have done for himself.

His dream...to own a Jeep.
And so she bought one.
And we all surprised him.
And his face was priceless (after the confusion wore off).

The big reveal.
























Well that's cool, but who's it for?

































What do you mean, you bought me a Jeep?

































Still processing, but thinking he's pretty happy about this.
























Yep, feels good.
























Better make sure it drives all right too.






















The girls agree it's a keeper.






















LarryB and the special lady that made his dream come true.
























I think we may have another Jeep lover in the family...or maybe just a Grampa lover.
























Proud owner.
























Oh, did I mention LarryB is a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan?  So, it seemed only right that he change into a more appropriate shirt for this pic.
























Another small detail.  Kinda cute, huh?
























There's one more thing I cannot leave unmentioned.  A big, big thank you goes to my wonderful husband who really was instrumental in helping to make this all a reality.  With his desire to serve and love his parents-in-law (or maybe it was just his secret desire to get taken out for a ride one day!), he took care of all the behind-the-scenes dirty work.  All the wheelin' and dealin'.  Thank you, Adam, for loving my parents so much!  Pretty sure they'd agree that you're the best son-in-law ever.  And I love you too.

All right, Grampa, when can we get this thing dirty???

2 comments:

  1. Ashley!!! I happened to look at your blog and saw you have been blogging again! I love it and now have it in my google reader so I will see all the posts now. You are are beautiful writer and seeing the girls make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! Thank you. You are sweet. Yes, I am attempting to keep up in the blogging world again. I hope it lasts this time. We'll see. =) Miss you!!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...