Saturday, July 7, 2012

Right now

Right now I'm listening to the sound of two little girls playing (while technically they should probably still be asleep) in the room just next to me.  Right now I'm hearing a whole lot of laughter.  Right now I'm smiling.  Smiling because I love those little girls.  Smiling because of their joy.  Their joy brings me joy.  So simple.

                                                                                                                                                                                      

Girls,

Daddy and I made a big decision in the last couple of days. To have the two of you move in together...that is, to share a room.  Are we crazy or is this the smartest decision ever?  Perhaps a little of both.   I hear you together, particularly when it's just the two of you, and I want you to have as much of that time as you possibly can.  I didn't share a room with Uncle Andrew growing up, but I do remember the fun we had when we did have to share a room on vacation.  I believe sharing a room will create a place for sweet memories to be made that will last a lifetime.  Where secrets will be made and told, where sadness will be comforted and where joys will be shared.  I desire so very much for the two of you to be best friends forever.  A very special lady I knew always told her girls that they needed to be best friends.  That friends would walk out on them, but they would always have each other.  She was a very wise woman and I think she knew what she was talking about!  My prayer is that you would be that friend to each other that no one else can be.  I love you both so much!

Love,
your Mama

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are having a beautiful, memory filled vacation. I am so excited that your girls are going to get to share a room! Chase & Carter love it! They will make precious memories, for sure! As April and I always say, it won't look (or sound) anything like the Pottery Barn Kids catalogue, but it will be something they will cherish forever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...