Thursday, July 12, 2012

Let them be little

I'm not sure why, but I can't get this song out of my mind lately.


I can remember when you fit in the palm of my hand
Felt so good in it, no bigger than a minute
How it amazes me, you're changing with every blink
Faster than a flower blooms they grow up all too soon

So let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little

I've never felt so much in one little tender touch
I live for those kisses, your prayers and your wishes
Now that you're teaching me things only a child can see
Tonight while we're on our knees all I ask is please

Let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little

So innocent, a precious soul, you turn around
It's time to let them go

So let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little

Let them be little


I'm willing to bet that God put this song in my mind for a purpose because I haven't heard it in a very long time.  He does that.  Gives me songs at random that I haven't heard or sung for many years at times that remind me of simple truths, and sometimes profound ones.  I think the truth in this song is simple and yet I can easily overcomplicate it.  I can forget to enjoy the moments of cute giggles, little cries and the desire to do things "outside the box."  I don't say "Yes" often enough.  I forget how the days are long, but the years go by in a hurry.

I want to be the mom who says "Yes" even when it involves a potential mess.  I want to live in this big city as though it's a small town as much as possible.  I want less time in the car and more time on the floor with my girls.  I want less time "connected" to the people I don't know and more time connected with those I love.  I want less time trying to keep up and more time letting go.

Lord, I know this song came from you.  Thank you.  You always know just how to speak to me in a way that gets my attention every time.  I'm a simple girl so it doesn't take much, but sometimes the reminders need to come often.  Please keep my mind set on You.

"For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh,
but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit." Romans 8:5

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...