Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Donuts and Wood

One of the best parts about vacation is that all intentions for healthy eating go out the window for a time.  I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoy letting the girls indulge their sweet tooths at a time like this.  Too much fun.

This, my friends, is the BEST donut I've ever eaten.  I don't even really like donuts (one of the few sweet things I can easily say "no" to), but this donut was perfection.
























And it's quite possible the girls agreed!

I don't know, does it look like Andee her Taste of Heaven?

































And I do believe Charlee did too!







































































With donut-filled tummies, it was off to the Petrified Wood Gallery.  Yes, a wood gallery.  I just knew the girls would be thrilled to see wood!  If I haven't mentioned it before, Ogallala is not a big town so you take what you can get in terms of entertainment. Ha!  Actually, though, I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised.  I mean, carved wood isn't exactly my thing, but I sure have an appreciation for the work that goes into making wood into a piece of art.

Welcome to Ogallala.

























































Charlee insisted we get a picture of the pink butterfly.






















My favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...