Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Welcome to the family

Something big is happening in my family right now.  Really, really big because we serve a really big God!  In just a few short months (Lord willing) I will have a new niece and nephew.  Andrew and Amy (my brother and sister-in-law) are in the process of adopting two precious children from Russia!  Here are the faces of my soon-to-be niece and nephew...

 Amy, Maria and Andrew
 Andrew, Elijah and Amy

 So, I know I'm slightly biased, but seriously Andrew and Amy are amazing!!!  They have stepped out in faith knowing that He called them to be parents to Maria and to Elijah.  The journey has been long, but God's faithfulness has been so clear and His love so abundant.

You have to go here to read their story about meeting Maria for the first time...and you can expect tears, by the way!  And here is where they introduce Elijah.  You really just have to visit Amy's blog to experience their journey firsthand. There's no way I'm going to try to retell it because I would fail in comparison to her words fueled by their passion.

Andrew and Amy, I am so proud of the two of you!  You are walking in the call of God upon your lives to "defend the cause of the fatherless" (Isaiah 1:17).  I cannot wait to meet these two gifts.  They are blessed beyond measure to have you as their Mama and Papa.

One side note, Andrew and Amy are already wonderful parents to this little guy, my nephew Finley.

Don't you just love their little family already?!?!?

"No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.  O Lord of hosts, how blessed is the man who trust is you."  Psalm 85:11-12 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...