Wednesday, June 20, 2012

These days...

It's been a really, really long time.  Much, much too long in fact.  Lately I've been thinking toying with the idea of keeping a journal for each of my girls, but when I sat down to start journaling today I thought to myself, "Ummm, why don't you just go back to blogging?  After all, isn't that what blogging is...an online journal of sorts?"  Yeah, so I'm a little slow, but...

Daily I am reminded how quickly time goes with these little ones and I just don't want to miss a second of my time with them.  These days Charlee seems so grown-up.  She's starting to ask questions that show me a new and deeper level of understanding of the world around her.  She's four and a half now and her personality is just blooming.

Charlee Girl, you have got to be the absolute sweetest, most caring, nurturing, loving, helpful little girl I know.  Not a day goes by that you don't sit down to breakfast and help Andee get her vitamins and put her bib on and scoot her chair into the table.  You clean up after yourself by taking your dishes to the sink and putting your cup back in the refrigerator.  And you do these things joyfully.  You race into the kitchen when you know I'm about to set the table for dinner and want to help get all the silverware and napkins out.  You are a delight!

Tonight, sweet girl, you made your mama proud.  I was sad and frustrated when you and Andee didn't try the dinner that I prepared tonight with a grateful heart.  I let my emotions get the best of me and stood at the sink crying while cleaning up from dinner.  Daddy took you and Andee upstairs to play so I could finish and re-group.  I stood there with this verse replaying through my mind, "Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." (Ephesians 4:32)  Finally, I was reminded that while you weren't grateful, I was still called to forgive you...not to threaten never to cook dinner again like I had decided previously!  Just a few short minutes later you came downstairs and said, "Mommy, I'm sorry I didn't eat my dinner."  Of course, I had forgiven you and let you know that and we hugged and everything was made right.  You bounded back upstairs after our "moment" and everything was right in the world again.  It wasn't until a bit later that Daddy came down and I thanked him for having you come apologize to me.  To my surprise he said that you had decided to come apologize to me all on your own, that he didn't prompt you to do that.  Apparently, you had asked him why I was crying and he told you and you said, "I think I should go apologize to Mommy."  Oh my goodness, really?!?!?!  You did this all on your own.  You have no idea how much joy I felt in that moment.  You, sweet Charlee, are precious and while you don't fully grasp the concept of sin, repentance and forgiveness, I have hope that one day you will.  I know this may seem like a silly example to you of why I love you so much, but it's in those little moments as you will one day know that love and family mean the most.  I love you, peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...