Friday, June 29, 2012

The Mall

Thankful.  That's what I am for the many sweet moments there are between Charlee and Andee.  Moments when it doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing.  We are together, no agenda, no where we have to be, no distractions, in the moment and they are loving each other like only sisters can.

Today we had one of those moments.  At the mall.  We don't go to the mall, like ever, because I'm not a huge fan, but today we were on a mission to find a Minnie Mouse backpack for Andee which took us to The Mall.  Maybe my brain is on vacation already, but we walked past this cute candy shop and we had to go in to look at the plethora of Hello Kitty goodies.  I just couldn't help myself today.  I wanted to put a smile on my girls' faces and I knew just the way to do it.  I mean, they were happy already, I just wanted to see it continue a little longer.  So, I bought them candy.  Yep, candy.  At 10:30 am.  Pure, unadulterated sugar.  With dyes.  With artificial flavorings.  Only the best for them.  Ha!

And it was totally worth it.  Because of this moment...



































































































That little bit of joy made the crash totally worth it! =)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blogging world! I've been on a hiatus myself for months now, but I am so excited to see you're posting again :). Your girls are so sweet & I love reading about all the happenings in your home. Also, congrats to your brother & sister in law. I hopped over to their blog & was so moved by their meeting with little Maria. What a special family you all are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Krista, welcome back!!! I love this post and that you wanted to continue their smiles, it definitely looked worth the crash :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...