Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Our First Shiner…

Yesterday was a first for Charlee and for her Mama and Daddy, too!  Charlee and I went to Starbucks to surprise Daddy with a nice cold, refreshing Dr. Pepper.  As soon as we located him, Charlee pretty much bolted from my arms and ran (and I mean, RAN!) to where Daddy was sitting.  Unfortunately, the combination of running at full speed in pink crocs across a tile floor was a really BAD combination. =(  She totally ate it as she tripped over her own feet and slammed into the chair at the table.  Needless to say, her excitement quickly changed to tears and I heard many an “Awww, poor thing” from the surrounding customers.  So, we left Starbucks with our very first shiner.

Really though, this was probably one of the coolest things I’ve witnessed yet as a mother…I know this sounds mean, but I’m totally serious.  Okay, so I would have preferred not to have my daughter end up with a serious knot on her forehead, but the sheer joy as she spotted Daddy and wanted to just run straight into his arms was absolutely priceless.  I will never forget that moment and hope she always gets that excited to run to her Daddy’s arms because she knows she’s safe and so very loved there.  I also couldn’t help but think of how our heavenly Father longs to have His children seek Him and run into His arms just as Charlee did (or tried).  Why don’t we run more often and with greater speed into the arms of our Father, the God of the universe?

3 comments:

  1. Awww...poor girl! I guess Paisley and Charlee have some matching bruised up faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet...love the picture of her bolting to see her Daddy! And I love how you tied that in at the end...how true that God longs for us to run like that to Him! Thanks for the simple reminder...through Charlee's first shiner! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing..Those owies are hard lessons but what a great story of how we need to be running to our heavenly Father like that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...