Friday, June 12, 2009

Dad & Me


Today is Chuck's 60th birthday and while he is no longer here with us on this earth, all that knew him are still celebrating this day! Today I am praising the Lord that 60 years ago He brought a little baby boy into this world who would, in turn, help to bring another baby boy into this world 30 years later...my dear husband. Gosh, it's still hard to believe that Chuck is truly not here with us...I'm not sure when that reality will set in. We all miss him so dearly, but I for one am so blessed by the life he led and the legacy he left behind.

I knew that this would be a particularly difficult day for Adam and wanted to make sure I did something for him so that he would know his dad will never be forgotten. While in Ogallala, I found this picture frame at Buenz and just knew this would be a perfect "birthday present" to Adam on this day. This picture was taken on October 22, 2005...the day I married my best friend. What a wonderful day...the day I joined the Saunders family! Praise the Lord for His good and perfect will! =)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Ashley, I am sure this has been such a bittersweet day. We are thinking of you guys! I love the frame & love the picture you chose. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that Adam really liked seeing the frame. A wonderful way to always remember his dad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...