Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Biff and the Salad

In our house my nickname is Biff. Anyone who knows me already knows this about me...I am not the most graceful, coordinated person in the world. So, last night was a prime example. I was preparing a salad, in advance, for a family in our home group. I thought to myself, "This is great. I'll get this all ready to go tonight so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow." Ah, that's when God decided to have an LOL moment! I was annoyed because I couldn't find any space in the refrigerator to put my creation and I HATE a cluttered refrigerator. So, the salad was on the counter while I attempted to rearrange things. Finally, I had a spot for it...not one that I was happy about, however. You see, in my world, salad does not belong on the top shelf. It belongs on the middle shelf. The top shelf is for water and other drinks, the next shelf is for things such as salad and leftovers, the third shelf is for Charlee's stuff and eggs. Beneath that is milk and so on. Well, my little world was going to have to be slightly disheveled for less than a day because there was no way the salad was going to fit where it belonged. After coming to terms with this, I reached for the salad and lo and behold that's when Biff struck! Salad...all over the floor, under the refrigerator, on the wall, halfway across the kitchen...lovely! One could look at this as a bad thing, or, if you're OCD like me, you could think to yourself, "Well, now I don't have to worry about the salad being in the 'wrong' spot." :)

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny! You didn't still bring that same salad to Eric and Natalie did you? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...