Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ogallala here I come...

July 2, 2008

Hi...Charlee here! Today was a big day for me. I made my first trip out to Ogallala, Nebraska to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Saunders. Mama, Papa and I flew from Phoenix to Denver where Grandma and Grandpa were eagerly awaiting our arrival (well, probably mostly my arrival). I slept most of the way in Mama's arms cuz it was a really early flight and I was pooped!

Uncle Todd, Aunt Amy and Cousin Sutton drove up from Colorado Springs to meet us for lunch at Bennigan’s near the airport. We didn’t have much time to visit with Uncle Todd, Aunt Amy and Sutton, but we’ll take what we can get! My cousin Sutton is such a big boy now…he tells me he just turned 2 a little while ago. This was the first time I got to meet him and it sure was fun. I was pretty impressed with him because he makes even louder noises than I do. Sutton seemed to think I was a pretty cute little girl and even helped Grandma push me around in the stroller. I can’t wait till I’m a little bit older and can really play with my cousin.

Proud Parents!

Proud Grandparents!

After a 3 hour ride in the car, we arrived in Ogallala, NE…home of “the good life” (don’t know whether or not that’s actually true, but that’s what the sign says that welcomes you to town).

Needless to say, I was so happy to finally be in Ogallala. Shortly upon arriving, I became fast friends with Mr. Penguin. I explained to him all about my travel day and all the friends I made along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...